With this list of Frequently Asked Questions, you’ll find the answers to all your questions before, during and after your stay. Don’t hesitate to stop by one of our Tourist Information Offices to find out more.
Tourist sites and places of interest
- What are the dates for visiting the garden of the “Silence ça pousse!” programme on French TV channel France 5? You can find all the dates for visiting the garden in the brochure “Summer entertainment guide 2019”.
- What can I see in Cherbourg town centre? You’ll find all the must-sees of the town in the “Essentials” brochure.
- Where can I buy tickets to visit the Cité de la Mer? You can buy tickets directly at the Tourist Information Offices or at the welcome desk at the Cité de la Mer. The visit takes approximately half a day.
Hiking, cycling and watersports
- Where can I find cycling loop itineraries? You can find the loop itineraries directly on our website or at the Tourist Information Offices.
- Which watersports are available during my stay here? In Cotentin and along the three coastlines, there’s a wide range of watersports available. You can find them all by clicking here.
- What hiking trails are there in Cotentin? In Cotentin there is a wide range of itineraries, hiking trails, the famous GR®223 trail, and the “chemin des douaniers” (customs’ officer’s trail). You can find all the necessary information here.
- What time is high tide and low tide? You can find the schedule of the tides here.
- Where can I find a free wifi connection? The Tourist Office provides wifi hotspots free-of-charge. You can find the map of wifi hotspots here.
- What are the market days in Cotentin? The market days in Cotentin vary depending on the towns. You can find details about each market here.
Manche Île Express
- Why isn’t there a ferry service to the Channel Islands every day? The ferry crossings depend on the tide schedule.
- I’m staying on the islands for a few days. Can I leave my car at the maritime station, in a safe place? The car park opposite the maritime station is free-of-charge. If you would like to leave your car in a private, sheltered car park, you can get the contact details from one of our information offices.
- My French identity card expired over 10 years ago, can I still go to the Channel Islands with it? The identity cards that were issued to anyone over the age of 18, from the 2nd January 2004 are still valid for 5 years after the expiry date.
- What are the times and prices for the ferry services to the islands? There are departures from Cotentin between April and September. The prices and departure times depend on the time of year and the tide schedule.